SigEp was founded in 1901 in Richmond, Virginia with the promise, “This fraternity will be different.” A new SigEp chapter presents the unique opportunity to bring that promise to life and build a new chapter and a new legacy from scratch. Those who join become founding fathers and are the first to create an unparalleled fraternity experience at UMD and set a tone for what it will mean to be a SigEp on our campus and across the country
A member of SigEp has many tremendous opportunities to grow as a leader, a professional, and an individual through SigEp's many leadership programs, one of the largest alumni networks in the country, and an incredibly strong bond of brotherhood.
What Will We Do This Spring
- Continuously recruit values-based, highly talented undergraduate students from the start of the semester, all the way through finals.
- Engage in over 20 hours of leadership training and discussions on SigEp’s philosophy of fraternity and define what it means to be a SigEp at Maryland.
- Create a membership experience centered on continuing personal growth, developing the habits that last a lifetime and preparing for life after college.
- Appoint the chapter’s first executive board officers to put undergraduate leaders at the forefront of the chapter experience.
- Engage weekly with a mentor board consisting of chapter alumni, university staff, higher education professionals and friends of SigEp to aid our members in their development and ensure the chapter’s short and long-term success.
- Build healthy, lifelong relationships.
Those are just a few of the exciting developments that brothers, families, alumni and all who have a connection to Maryland can expect from SigEp this semester and for years to come.